save [seɪv] 救;挽救;拯救;保存;节省;节约
think [θɪŋk] v.认为;以为;想;思考。
thought [θɔːt] think的过去分词和过去式
street [striːt] 大街;街道

It's too late to save her now.
现在来拯救她的生命已为时太晚。

Thanks for doing that. You saved my life(= helped me a lot) .
谢谢你这么做。你帮了我大忙。

We must try to save water.
我们必须设法节约用水。

I didn't think you liked sports.
我原以为你不喜好运动。

Nora thought he was seventeen years old.
诺拉觉得他有17岁。

She closed her eyes, trying to think.
她闭上眼睛,努力思考着。

I saw Mr. Zhang in the street.
我在街上看见了张先生。

The bank is just across the street.
银行就在街对过。

rope [rəʊp] n.粗绳;绳索. v.用绳子捆,用绳子系牢


I roped myself to the tree.
我用绳子把自己捆在树上。

He threw Jim a rope.
他扔给吉姆一根绳子

hope [həʊp] 希望,期望
across [əˈkrɔːs] 从一边到另一边;横过


I hope your family are all well.
我期望你的家人都好。

I hope we're doing the right thing.
我希望我们这样做是妥当的。

I hope our dreams come true.
我期望我们的幻想成真。

We walked across London at two in the morning.
我们在凌晨两点步行穿过伦敦。

If the street is busy, don't walk across.
如果马路拥挤,不要横穿。

He came across the road.
他横穿马路过来。

road [rəʊd] 路;道路;
roadside [ˈrəʊdsaɪd] 路边;路旁


There was very little traffic on the roads.
这些公路上车辆稀少。

He hoped to get a new truck and go back on the road.
他希望能有一辆新的卡车,重新上路。

He helped the children go across the road.
他帮助孩子们过马路。

We parked by the roadside.
我们将车停放在路旁。

life [laɪf] 生命;人命;性命;生活
lives [laɪvz] life的复数


His life was in my hand.
他的性命操在我的手心里。

If you don't help me, I'll lose my life.
如果你不帮我的话,我就要失去我的生命了。

We want to build a better life.
我们想创造更美好的生活。

He told us the story of his life.
他对我们讲述了他的生活经历。

'We are trying to save lives.' he said.
“我们在努力拯救生命。”他说。