soup [suːp] n.汤;羹
future [ˈfjuːtʃər] 将来;未来
warm [wɔːrm] 温暖的;暖和的


The soup is still warm.
汤还热乎的。

He was making plans for the future.
他正在为将来制订计划。

I'm thinking of your future, you know.
你知道,我考虑的是你的未来。

We're trying to plan our future. That's a good idea.
我们在试着安排我们的未来。这是个好主意。

Winter is coming, and we must put on warm clothes.
冬天来了,我们必须穿上暖和的衣服。

The children jumped up and down to keep warm .
孩子们上下跳动保持身体暖和。

light [laɪt]

n. 光;光线;电灯
adj. 充满亮光的;明亮的;浅色的;淡色的;轻的;不太重的
v. 点燃;点火;开始燃烧;燃起来;照亮;使明亮

lit [lɪt] light的过去分词和过去式


All plants need light and water.
一切植物都需要阳光和水。

Please turn off the light.
请关灯。

This is a light room.
这是间光线明亮的房间。

My mom wants to buy me a light dress.
我的妈妈想为我买一条浅色的连衣裙。

I have a light desk.
我有一张很轻的书桌。

Let's light the candles. I want to have a computer.
让我们点燃蜡烛。我想要有一台计算机。

I will light your way with this candle.
我将用这支蜡烛照亮你的路。

She lit the fire and began to make soup.
她生了火,开始做汤。

barbecue [ˈbɑːrbɪkjuː] 烧烤架子;户外烧烤 = BBQ
hopeless [ˈhəʊpləs] 没有希望的;无望的


Let's have a barbecue!
我们来一次户外烧烤吧!

Today is a good day for our barbecue.
今天对我们的烧烤是个好日子。

If we don't, the future is hopeless.
如果我们不做的话,未来是没有希望的。

I don't think we're hopeless.
我认为我们还没到绝望的时候。

She has hopeless tears in her eyes.
她眼中含着绝望的泪水。

often [ˈɔːfn] 经常;时常;常常
unsafe [ʌnˈseɪf] 不安全的;危险的;身处险境的


He often dreams of home.
他常常梦见家。

I often go shopping with my mother on weekends.
我时常在周末和妈妈去购物。

We often slept under the stars.
我们经常在夜空下露宿。

It's unsafe for her to go alone.
她单独去是很危险的。

Unsafe to play with fire.
玩火不安全。

alone [əˈləʊn] adj.独自;独力;单独
lonely [ˈləʊnli] adj.孤独的;寂寞的;偏僻的

Alone指一个人在没有其他人陪伴的情况下,处于一种孤立或孤独的状态。
Lonely是一种悲伤或被遗弃的感觉。


She went to school alone.
她一个人去了学校。

I want to have a talk with him alone.
我要和他单独谈一谈。

He felt unsafe and alone.
他感到又危险又孤单。

She lives alone and often feels lonely.
她一个人住,经常感到寂寞。

She felt lonely and hopeless.
她感到孤独绝望。

We found a lonely road.
我们发现了一条偏僻的道路。