2020年9月

New Words:

true [truː] 符合事实的;确实的;真正的;真实的
genius [ˈdʒiːniəs] 天才


This is a true story.
这是一个真实的故事。

Oh, come on,you know that isn't true!
哦,得了吧,你知道那不是真的!

I think he's a true genius.
我认为他是个真正的天才。

You're a genius.
你是一个天才。

I'm an English genius!
我是英语天才!

New Words:

break [breɪk] v.(使)破,裂,碎;弄坏;损坏;坏掉;弄破;
broke [brəʊk] break的过去式
broke down 临时出故障的;受损事故发生故障


The dog bit me but didn't break the skin.
那条狗咬了我,但没咬破皮肤。

She fell off a ladder and broke her arm.
她从梯子上掉下来,摔断了胳膊。

The bus broke down on the way.
公共汽车在路上抛锚了。

The bridge broke down.
桥坍塌了。

New Words:

trailer [ˈtreɪlər] 拖车;挂车
lady [ˈleɪdi] 女士
ladies [ˈleɪdiz] lady的复数
gentleman [ˈdʒentlmən] 彬彬有礼的人;有教养的人;先生
gentlemen ['dʒentlmən] gentleman的复数


She's a very sweet old lady.
她是一位非常亲切的老太太。

He's a true gentleman.
他是个正人君子。

This way, please, ladies and gentlemen.
女士们,先生们,这边请。

New Words:

carnival [ˈkɑːrnɪvl] 狂欢节;嘉年华
busy [ˈbɪzi] adj.忙碌的;忙于(做某事)


So, are you here for Carnival?
那么你是来参加狂欢节的吗?

The Carnival is exciting!
嘉年华可刺激了!

Don't come if you're busy.
如果你有事的话,就不要来了。

Are you busy next Monday ?
下周一你忙吗?

Try to get some rest , you have a busy day tomorrow.
休息一下吧,你明天还要忙一天呢。

New Words:

dress [dres]
n.连衣裙; 衣服;
v.穿衣服;给(某人)穿衣服

dress up 装扮;打扮;给…打扮;给…装扮

herself [hɜːrˈself] 她自己


She was wearing a black dress.
她穿一条黑色连衣裙。

Your dress is too little for the weather.
你的衣服太单了。

My daughter can dress herself.
我的女儿会给自己穿衣了。

Please dress the baby, George.
乔治,请给这孩子穿衣。

I need to go to party tonight. I need to dress up.
我晚上要去参加晚会,我得打扮一下。

I like to dress up as the Superman or ET.
我喜欢装扮成超人或外星人。

Children like to dress up.
孩子们都喜欢化装打扮。